Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday






{1} My favorite way to eat an at home sandwich is with a dribble of Italian dressing or red-wine vinegar  over a skinny spread of mayo, fresh tomatoes and s&p. It makes everything a bit more fancy.

{2} I saw a pin and was texted this pin about using vinegar to help whiten clothes vs using bleach.  I'm terrified of using bleach. Am I alone in this? I always think it will linger in my machine and ruin subsequent loads. No?  This says use 5 cups water to 1 cup bleach, boil, add clothes, soak overnight and wash as normal. I am testing it out as we speak with a dingy hand towel.

{3} Making menus each week is my saving grace. I panic, overspend and/or order takeout if I don't know what's for dinner. I may swap Tuesdays dinner or Thursdays but at least I know what I'm having and that I have everything to make it!

{4} Speaking of dinner: tonight is semi-homemade pizzas! It's about 50/50 as to whether I make my own dough or buy pizza crusts. I do not like the canned crust for pizzas though. We like to add fresh spinach, fresh basil(a lot of it!), garlic, pepperoni and lots of cheese! Yummy!

{5} I'm still having major issues with photos and my blog. As in they won't upload. It's really frustrating bc I love adding pictures. You can follow me on twitter or Instagram instead for now.
 Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment