Sunday, July 15, 2012

Loss

It sure seems that I am MIA a lot these days. I am. With my husbands family needing him, and it just being me and little boy for much of the month of June, I got out of the habit of blogging and even really reading blogs.
I do not envy the single mama life one bit. Chasing after 4 dogs, and this little boy wore me out. Maddox has decided that sleeping isn't on his agenda, so my sweet little sleeper wakes me up anywhere 1-3 times per night. Sigh. Makes for a tired mom. As you can imagine.

My husband is home now and is coping the best he can. It is never easy to lose a parent. July 14th marked the 17 year anniversary of my own father's death. It "gets easier" but you don't forget. I still remember falling to the cold tile beneath my legs as I looked into my mother's dark pooling eyes. I still remember having to tell my little brothers who were only 12 and 7 that they didn't have a father with them anymore. I remember how hard it was planning my wedding and knowing that my dad wouldn't be the one to walk me down the isle. That killed a piece of me. And if I think about it too long, I still cry.

Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment