Monday, April 30, 2012

50 Shades of Grey

As many of my fellow ladies have done, I recently read this series:
50 Shades of Grey: I was hesitant at first thinking that eh: it is just hyped up. But then wait: I read most of the hyped up books. Case and point: Twilight and Hunger Games. So, I had to get on board with this one.

With both of the other series, I had friends recommend them and I was not really feeling either of them. I was wrong both cases. This series though...was different to me. I liked all of them, but this was whew. This one was steamy and I just fell in love with the love story within. I don't want to give much away, but let's just say, I have more than one friend who has or is reading this AGAIN.

Let's get to the movie. Movie rights have sold and a movie is in the works. Some people are claiming that "Bella and Edward" would be perfect for this movie.
BARF. I may even boycott going to see it if they are cast. UGH. Kristin Stewart, to me, looks used up and kind of dirty. Rob Pattinson... well, he just isn't sexy to me. In the books, every woman, every where, wants Christian Grey. They stare at him because of the extreme good looks he possesses. RP doesn't get that appeal from me.

One of my best friends and I have been going over and over on who should play the roles. This list gets added to, subtracted from and changed all the time, but here is what we were thinking so far:

Anastasia Steele:

Anna Kendrick.

OR

Chyler Leigh


OR

Katherine McPhee



Christan Grey:

Ian Somerhalder


OR

Jessie Pavelka




Kate Kavenaugh:

Lauren Conrad


Scarlett Johansson


Elliot:

Channing Tatum


Ryan Gosling



Leila and Suzannah:

Lucy Hale



Krysten Ritter


Grace:

Rita Wilson


OR

Diane Lane


Elena:

Kim Cattrall


That is all we have so far.

We are still debating and up in the air about the rest. I am sure that will be another post soon.

What are your thoughts?
Did you read the book? Who did you envision?

xo,
Tish







No comments:

Post a Comment