Saturday, April 6, 2013

MOM, 80's and melting.

We have been in Phoenix for 1 year and 4ish months and this week we heard about MOM for the first time. MOM is Market On the Move. It is this program that moves around to various churches each Saturday of the month. You go, pay $10, and they load you up with what ever produce they have for that week. They gave us 2 HUGE boxes loaded with peppers, cucumbers, squash, zucchini and tomatoes. Ya'll it was ridiculous--about 60 pounds!  I am going on a pining and recipe dig to make all sorts of yummy things. I know for certain that some homemade salsa and spaghetti sauce will be in there, along with baked squash and zucchini chips.

Although I despise the hotness of summers here, or anywhere in general, I do love that I enjoy crisp, juicy fruits and vegetables. My body just craves the freshness.

The mamas from the mom group that I am in had an 80s night last night. After all was said and done, we decided it really was more like a 90s party because we were all still fairly young in the 80s and we GREW up more in the 90s. See, we are not in fact THAT old. HA. Here is a little preview. Everyone said I looked like a diner worker.

 
My mom and brother came for a visit. I always enjoy when they come but boy they wear us all out. We are constantly on the go. We liked to show them around so much and go to so many events that I think we all sleep for a week after they leave! 


Our little boy is just growing so fast. He is 16 months old. I can hard believe it! I soon will have a 2 year old running around! He is just the funniest, sweetest thing. He laughs so much, sticks his tongue out, climbs everywhere and is just a joy. He makes my heart just melt.




Hope ya'll have a great Saturday!

Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment