Friday, June 14, 2013

5 on Friday


I am linking up with Darci and her friends for Five on Fridays again this week. I forgot about it and then after reading Erin's blog, remembered and got excited. I love when there is purpose ;)

1.) Yesterday was a miserable day for me. I woke up with cramping in my stomach. I thought nothing of it until it started consuming me. I couldn't do anything. I wanted to lie in my bed and cry. My husband works from home and thank goodness for that because I needed someone to watch little boy while I wallowed in self pity. I finally got relief in the wee hours of the morning. Today, I am fine.

2.) Me & Maddox headed over to our dear friend Angie's house today. She hosted a playdate for the mamas and we had so much fun with our friends. She grilled hotdogs and everyone brought sides and drinks to share. We did a little craft afterwards and then the kiddos just played and played. I love those kinds of days.

3.) Tonight for dinner I made the Chicken Yakitori that was on the schedule for last night. So good. I had some red cabbage in the fridge so on the fly I blended up some peanut butter, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and vegetable oil and tossed the cabbage in that for a slaw of sorts. It was different but good.

4.) Tomorrow night is couples date night! I am so excited! We are going to a dueling piano bar and it is sure to be a crazy good time. 3 of my favorite couples are going so I am over the moon. Back in Vegas there was a fun dueling piano bar at Harrah's that I liked to go to a lot. I might have been a little more rambunctious then though ;)

5.) Father's Day is Sunday. We have made a craft, we have wrapped gifts and we are waiting to celebrate Daddy. I love my sweet husband and I am thankful everyday that we were brought together. He told me about our kids on our first date. I laughed it off, but look who is laughing now? some times you just know. Ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment