Thursday, May 30, 2013

Spinach shakes it up

I am on a smoothie for breakfast kick. I think that it  makes getting a lot of nutrients quick, easy and painless...plus a big ole smoothie fills you up.

When I was a working girl, I would head to the drive-thru Tropical Smoothie by our house almost every morning. I was in love with their Peanut Paradise with soy. Oh Yum. Come to Mama! Well, after i was diagnosed with gestational diabetes, that was a huge no-no because that bad boy housed 99g of carbs! Eek.

I have been just kind of making them up as I go. For a while, I was stuck on spinach, peanut butter, bananas, ice and milk. It was close to my beloved Peanut Paradise, I didn't have to get dressed to go get it and I am saving the $5 every morning.

This morning was a bit different. I did spinach, pineapple, banana, milk and some coconut flakes. It was pretty good, but my blender didn't grind the coconut down enough so there was a little bite afterward. Maybe that is a good thing... I get to chew? Who knows.

I am going to try a few more spinach versions since I have leftovers but then I want to try a few all berry mixes with milk and likely a banana too. It seems to be the best way to add some bulk, creamy and sweet.

Speaking of banana, my go to after dinner treat has been a T or 2 of chunky peanut butter with a banana and a glass of icy milk. Try it out. Apples are good too :)

Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment